250W 55th Street, New York, NY
The client was in need of a new office building with 960,000 square feet of office space at 250 West 55th St. in New York City. The new building would have a two-story horizontal base with a 660-foot-tall tower, making it 38 stories tall with ground-floor retail space. The client desired maximum daylight, air, and views for all floors and so sought out above-standard infrastructure and mechanical design and installation.
Heritage fast tracked all mechanical services while also keeping costs under budget. The building received LEED Gold Certification.
Heritage provided the following mechanical installation services to complete this modern building project:
- Installed 500,000 lbs. of sheet metal ductwork
- Installed approximately 10,000 feet of fabricated piping
- Installed five 1000-ton cooling towers cells
- Installed thirty-eight 70-ton air conditioning units
- Installed two 65,000-cfm built-up H&V units
- Installed two 600-HP and one 125-HP Boiler Plant system
Heritage previously worked with Boston Properties at their 510 Madison project, also in New York City. The project lasted for approximately four years. Boston Properties is “a self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT)” and “is one of the largest owners, managers, and developers of first-class office properties in the United States, with significant presence in five markets: Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC.”